The Bed and Breakfast Casa Illica is located in the medieval village of Castell'Arquato, one of the most beautiful village of Italy
Bed and Breakfast
Casa Illica is an old mansion enclosed among the medieval walls of Castell’Arquato, overlooking the valley of one of the most beautiful medieval castles in Italy, the Visconti Fortress. The name comes from the owner Luigi Illica, librettist of Puccini and Mascagni, composers who made this village famous all over the world.
The old mansion has been fully restored and offers 3 bedrooms and 2 suites with a breathtaking view. The rooms and suites of Casa Illica are all inspired by the operas of Giacomo Puccini and Pietro Mascagni.
- Butterfly, the Puccini's room;
- Bohème, from whose windows Illica was inspired to write La Bohème;
- Tosca, which had as guests the greatest artists of the late nineteenth century;
- Manon, with views of the Farnese Tower;
- Iris, where Illica wrote to the composer Giacomo Mascagni.
Via Sforza Caolzio, 47
+39 366 406900